I consider myself an amateur photographer, and this page and the links on it are the results.
This page was updated in 2002, and now I'm updating it in June 2008.
I own a Canon EOS 500N (also known as the Rebel G). This was a wedding gift for my wife Shailley and me, since photography is one of the things we have in common.
In autumn 2007, we bought a Canon 20D DSLR. Its a big step up from the 500N and the digital cameras we had in the interim (a Canon G3 and canon iXUS 60)
We also have the following lenses:
The accessoies I have are:
Tamron EF 28-200mm f3.5-5.6 LD IF. This one rolled off a table.
- Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM. This is a beautiful, fast, pin sharp lens which gives photographs with amazing contrast.
- Canon EF 20-35mm f3.5-4.5 USM. Another great lens. Bought it with a matching lens hood.
- Canon EF 28-80mm f3.5-4.5 kit lens. This is the lens that came with the camera, but I hardly use it. Its still better than any lens on a P&S camera and the autofocus is also quick and silent.
I carry all these in the LowePro Mini-Trekker, a backpack style camera back. Its very comfortable and is great or carrying camera equipment.
- Canon 380EX flash
- Tamron 72mm CPL filter for the Tamron 28-200mm lens
- UV Filters for all the lenses
- A home made electrical cable release for the camera
- A Jessops hotshoe spirit level, which can be mounted on the flash hot-shoe of a camera. Very useful
- Canon's BP-8 battery pack for the EOS 500N/Rebel G which allows you to run the camera on 4 AA cells instead of the usual CR-123As. This is just a battery pack, it has no switches or shutter release.
- Canon's GR-80TP grip extender and mini tripod for the 500N/Rebel G, which makes holding the camera much easier.
- A BG-E2 battery pack and grip extender for the 20D. This also has a shutter release and vertical controls
I am a member of the photo.net community at http://photo.net. My workspace can be seen at http://www.photo.net/shared/community-member?user_id=259976.
I've now moved my online photo uploads to Flickr.
On Sinha.com, I've put up an album of photographs that I shot in Helsinki in May-June 2000. This is my third roll that I shot here, the other 2 being the ones taken when I visited Helsinki with my wife in Feb-March 2000. You can see some of the photographs at helsinki3.html.
After 10 years, sometime in 2010, I figured it was time to update this page. The first thing to get modernized was the album mentioned above - helsinki3.2010.html
Please remember that all the material on this site belong to me. You need my permission to copy any of it, especially the photographs. You are, however, free to link to any of the pages on this site.
I'll keep updating this page. I would like to share my knowledge about my camera and about photography in general, and of course, put up more photographs as time goes by.
If you'd like to get to know me or get in touch with me, check out my home page, http://shashvat.sinha.com/.